Answering Your San Diego Home buying Questions
Buying a North County Coastal home is both thrilling and a bit unnerving especially if you're a first-time home buyer.
Both experienced home buyers and first-time buyers alike will benefit from the frequently asked questions below. Before you begin your San Diego home search, it is recommended you prepare yourself for the journey by educating yourself. This will insure you are a knowledgeable home buyer prepared to make a confident home buying decision.
I've never purchased a North County Coastal home before. Where should I begin?
- Actually you've already started the process. Fact-finding and reading articles is a great way to become a smart consumer. The highest priorities before you begin searching for specific areas, neighborhoods, or homes would be to:
Next, contact me
. As your home buying specialist, I'll protect your interest and manage the details of the real estate transaction on your behalf to your complete satisfaction.
- Familiarize yourself with your personal finances.
- Learn about the San Diego real estate market.
- Carefully review your budget and begin to eliminate as much debit
- Have a down payment and earnest money ready when the time
comes to act and make your offer.
For more experienced buyers, a little brush up on the real estate process wouldn't be a bad idea. Of course, you'll need a really sharp San Diego real estate agent to protect your interest too!
With all the bad news about mortgage products and home foreclosures, how do I avoid making a big mistake when deciding which type of loan to select?
- Once we meet and review your finances along with your home buying needs, you should select a lending consultant. I can recommend several trusted lending professionals or you can choose your own.
Having utmost confidence in your lender is important. Be sure you feel completely at ease with your lender. They should speak to you in easy to understand terms.
Ask lots of questions and never ever sign any document until you know what you are signing and feel completely at ease signing it. More and more lending professionals are recommending fix interest rate loans and interest rates are still very attractive. Of course, what type of loan is best for you depends on several factors. Here are just a few:
Because more homes are on the market here in San Diego, your choices are plentiful and the time is right for you to buy!
- How much money you have for a down payment?
- How long you plan to live in the home?
- Do you qualify for a FHA or VA loan?
Let's Get Started!
Are you ready to schedule your home buying consultation?
If so, contact me
today and together we will review your needs and your budget to help you find the right San Diego home for you!